Monday, May 19, 2008

SOLD

I sold my first painting post Taylor. It was actually hard to see it go. After I spent so much time, thought, and work on something it was hard to let it go, no matter how much I made. I can still see it in my head... hopefully this selling thing will get easier or I will probably be a really poor person!

David and I finished our home makeover and I am really excited about my new studio space. It is a small room but it has a really large secret room/closet I can put all my pieces in. You can see the picture of the right. I painted those checks on the floor by hand! It took a really long time, but I think it was worth it. I need to find a drawing table that will fit in the room nicely. Having my own space, is really encouraging I can't wait to start using it. You can also see the picture of my painting stash below...



Last night David and I had a big discussion about my future and what the heck I am going to be doing. I told him I would really like to start up some sort of gallery. Our town has never had anything of the sorts, and I am really trying to get some sort of art vibe going. I found a building that would be perfect, but getting the funding would be hard. Grants? I have no clue. But anyways, I could run and manage the gallery having shows and also doing summer art camps for kids, and maybe adult lessons at nights. I'm not sure, it is all up in the air right now but it gives me something to think about.

No comments: