Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Robert Rauschenberg, American Artist, Dies at 82


I wasn't quite sure what to write about in my first post... but when I heard about the death of Robert Rauschenberg I couldn't help but share a few thoughts... "A painter, photographer, printmaker, choreographer, onstage performer, set designer and, in later years, even a composer, Mr. Rauschenberg defied the traditional idea that an artist stick to one medium or style. He pushed, prodded and sometimes reconceived all the mediums in which he worked." I always get sad when interesting/influential people pass away. They all seem to have lived such wonderful lives, full of traveling and doing whatever pleases them. I wish I could be more carefree.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Ashley, Other peoples lives almost always appear easier and more carefree than our own. It's when we live with people's true selves and share all their issues that we see that all of our lives are filled with joy and sorrow, moments of creativity and of dulldrums, nasty dark issues that bring pain and moments of glee and overflowing happiness. God instructs us to not be anxious about anything but to put our lives in His hands. That seems like good advice to me. Phyllis